I felt the tears begin to well, but my soul is not a bottomless pit. All the sorrow has to pool somewhere, and it stays deep inside, far beneath my souring bones.
So I threw my heart away, the thing that causes me such pain, before the tears could fall. But it was not enough, nothing is ever enough, no matter how much I tear out or replace.
I fear you didn’t reside in just my heart. You are in every piece of me, from the strands on my head to the tips of my toes. They all hold a memory, mapped and held by your fingertips.
There is no escape from this, not even in death. For I breathed that decay into my lungs at the end, and I taste it even now. You are here within me and everywhere without.
What am I to do?
- chubbyboo17 likes this
- daydreamsonlooseleafpaper likes this
- ephemeralhues likes this
- thedoctorsmissus likes this
- marius140 reblogged this from clumsymelody
- mstyhnry reblogged this from clumsymelody
- silverscorpio17 likes this
- inthefieldofclover likes this
- wizarddemigodtrylletribute likes this
- truuuth likes this
- saltansalts likes this
- tellmeaboutyoursoul likes this
- mrcurlygreen reblogged this from clumsymelody
- negmfore likes this
- directionermrsharrystyleslove likes this
- nnadyusya likes this
- kriistaal likes this
- super-alyssa-3 likes this
- liltrazzy reblogged this from clumsymelody
- fyncc likes this
- k-teal likes this
- This was featured in #Prose
- artreture likes this
- clumsymelody posted this